Each month, we offer many accredited continuing education courses at our office. Review the course listing below and contact the Staffing Department to register or request additional information. Registration is free for all employee nurses with current working hours.
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider (AHA CPR)
- Tracheostomy Management
- Basic Care for Home Ventilator Dependent Patient
Our AHA certified BLS for the Healthcare Provider course (no CEs) instructed by Robin Carlson, EMT-P, CCT is offered free to all employees. Nurses are encouraged to independently review the AHA videos and manuals in advance before attending. Register and contact the Staffing Department to reserve your copy. Registration is $45 for non-employees.
Whether you are new to tracheostomy management or just need a refresher, our accredited course will give you the confidence to independently care for tracheostomy patients.
Course highlights include:
- Airway Anatomy and Physiology
- Nursing Considerations
- Tracheostomy Types and Brands
- Patient Advocacy
4.5 contact hours have been awarded for this activity. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the NCNA an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s COA for 4.5 contact hours.
This day-long class focuses on care of the ventilator dependent patient. Course objectives include:
- Review relevant principles of anatomy, physiology, physics and pathophysiology
- Explore concepts of types, modes, strategies and complications of mechanical ventilation
- Demonstrate monitoring techniques to assess for complications and nursing interventions
7.0 contact hours have been awarded for this activity. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the NCNA an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s COA for 7.0 contact hours.